Saturday, August 16, 2008

Waffles anyone?

Good Saturday morning! I don't usually take pictures of food but......I could not pass up this adorable little waffle. My husband just purchased this waffle iron at an antique store in Paso Robles. We will take it camping with us next month. As you can see it makes beautiful little heart shaped waffles. You just hold it over the open flame or set it on the Coleman stove. I should have added a big strawberry & a dollop of whipped cream...yum yum! Reminds me of the days (only Fridays) that my Grandmother used to make us homemade waffles topped with strawberries & whipped cream. Those were the days for sure! The best Grandma around & I still miss her!












The open iron.












Waffle Iron

2 comments:

Chaska Peacock said...

Beautiful photos of yummy looking waffles! What a great find! Thank you for sharing.:-)

GAIL said...

You're not the only one that misses her! xoxo