Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saucer Magnolia tree & OWOH winding down

Good morning! I had to take a shot of my Saucer Magnolia tree in bloom now. This tree is so beautiful (until the petals fall all over the front porch)that I had to get a shot of it. It's probably the only thing in my yard that looks nice this time of year. The tree is probably 15-20 years old.
I'm also posting another bleached picture as I can't seem to keep my hands out of that stuff. This time I sanded the pic a bit as well as pressing it on a rubber stamp for some background texture.
OWOH is now winding down. Looks like Lisa had a total of 1105 participants which breaks the previous record. This is the most AMAZING event. I can't wait to do it all over next year. A BIG thank you to Lisa Swifka at http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com/a_whimsical_bohemian/one-world-one-heart.html




15 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love magnolia trees *smiles*.

Hey, it looks like you have ocd when it comes to bleach like I do with those daggone zentangles! LOL Love your latest piece.

GAIL said...

Your bleach picture is fabulous!

marianne said...

love these trees- i call them tulip trees for some reason- we won't have any here for a few months..... and the bleach photos continue to be awesome! making me want to try again!

Lisa said...

love that Magnolia in the sunny sky. we are in for our second snow storm in a week..60 inches of snow so far this year..i could use some spring!!
I agree that OWOH has been a phenomenal event for everyone!

Julia said...

O this looks like spring and here in Holland it is so cold!:)
You added a great touch on the picture below! I love that!

Julia said...

O and forgot to thank you for all your sweet comments at my blog :)

Dianne said...

The Saucer Magnolia is lovely. They don't do well this far south. You do find some in north Florida and I've seen one of two scragglie ones near here. But, Southern Magnolias and their cousins Sweet Bays grow wild in the woods here. Sweet Bays like it wetter though. You newest bleached photo is beautiful.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Diane
that is one huge , beautiful tree!
It must be spring at your house!
Pink- I love pink.
And I LOVE your new bleach art.
Your soo creative!
love
tweedles

Jenny said...

Your tree is beautiful, gorgeous color and just love your latest bleached picture, the background texture adds even more interest, looks great!!
Jenny x

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diane!
oh the tree and photo are absolutely gorgeous!
it looks like spring is on the way!

Sharon said...

Lovely magnolia tree. I can see you have become addicted to the bleaching thing, they are so unusual and beautiful.
xoxo
Sharon

Kymberly Decker said...

Dear Diane,
Here is something special I wanted to give you for being such a special person!

link: http://freetrinketstreasures.blogspot.com/2010/02/sharing-more-of-my-friends.html

Hugs, Kymberly

gaby braun said...

Hi Diane

Your magnolia tree is gorgeous. I love magnolias.
But what I like more (beside the kittens) is the bleaching work you are doing. Absolutely great!

Orion Designs said...

What a beautiful tree! I won't see any sort of bloom for many months ...

Salinger The Pug said...

SO pretty!

Mom loves magnolia trees because her grandma used to have one in the front yard and she used to pile up all the flowers and lie in them when she was little!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Salinger