Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Promoting the work of others







I entered a contest last night on Jennifer's blog at http://artisticallydesigneddiversions.blogspot.com/. Jennifer is a part of the Stampsmith Yahoo group that I belong to also. She's a California girl & I'm always excited to meet someone from my home state. When I was looking through Jen's beautiful blog I noticed a link she referenced for another wonderful blog that also offered FREE images. It's not too common to see this so I jumped right over there. I am so glad I did!
The blog belongs to Gaby at: http://gaby-cajubrasil.blogspot.com/. She is a fiber & mixed media artist from Brazil & extremely generous with her images. This is just one of about 8 collage sheets that I saved. Check out both of these blogs...you're in for a treat!


Check this out! Stunning or what?? I was making my morning run through my favorite blogs & stumbled across this etsy shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=35796. Her name is Julie & her work is fabulous!
Please check out her beautiful items.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Diane, I wanted to send you a blog award, but don't have your email address. So here it is!

WOWZA! I got a blog award! I am so excited. My dear friend, Jeri Aaron, of an Artful Gathering gave me one. She is the leader of an absolutely amazing Yahoo Group that keeps me on my toes. She has provided me with wonderful friends, great times, and great inspiration.


So, the Award is the Million Dollar Friend Award. Did I mention I am excited! It was a great pick-me-up as things have been a bit hectic lately. Okay, so I am supposed to pick four other bloggers that I frequent, and a new blogging friend. Talk about hard. I frequent SO many, and just adore the work of so many others. But I will try.


1. Pat Winter - She does AMAZING crazy quilting, and is a super versatile artist.
2. Connie Hippen of Altered Route - An accomplished artist, and wonderful inspiration.
3. Laurel Steven - Amazing clay artist. She creates the coolest things!
4. Diane of Diane's Mixed Art - She is the transfer queen and shares so very much.

And my new blog friend, LaDonna Welter, her patience and paper cutting is out of this world!


Whew, that was hard guys! There are so many wonderful blogs and so much sharing...it was hard to narrow it down to just these five! So, go visit them, and if you like their work, leave them a comment and let them know!

gaby braun said...

Thank you for the link! I'm happy you have appreciate the images.

Unknown said...

Hi Diane...thanks for all the wonderful links....I will head over to check out the Gaby's blog....and Jennifer's blog....


I just checked out Julie's Etsy Shop!! wonderful work and I bookmarked it....

Thanks again Diane...you are such a sweetie and a giving heart....

Have a wonderful day....

Hugs
Diana

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diane!
what a great post!
you always inspire me!
:) melissa

Orion Designs said...

Thanks for sharing these great finds Diane.
Vicki