Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home Again







Back home after 3 lovely days up in Northern Ca. We were able to hit 2 of the three things we had planned. I did make it to Flax & Urban Ore but not the Alameda antique faire:>( The weather just wasn't cooperating on that day. Maybe next month!
I did fit in a little visit to a fabulous garden in Woodside, Ca. called Filoli
http://www.filoli.org/. I have placed quite a few photos on Flickr (link on sidebar) for your enjoyment. Friday we went up to Napa Ca. to the Rene di Rosa Preserve http://dirosapreserve.org/ It was absolutely wonderful. I even purchased the annual membership. Can't wait to go back again. We spent the day up in that area & stopped in Healdsburg to see some of my husband's family. Saturday was Urban Ore & Flax. The Flax people informed me that my sales receipt maybe the longest receipt in the history of Flax! Does that give you an idea as to how much paper I purchased?? It took hubby & I both to carry it all out YIKES! Sunday was pouring rain until the afternoon. We took a drive over to Half Moon Bay & it was pretty foggy but nonetheless beautiful. Last leg was a stop in Paso Robles (we own property there) as there was a stray cat that gave birth to 5 kittens at the property. We scooped up mother & kittens & brought them all home. Mama will be getting spayed very soon & I will attempt to find homes for the babies. I am looking forward now to doing some artwork!
Happy Monday everyone!
Flower pics posted are from the Filoli Gardens.

6 comments:

GAIL said...

What, no baby kitten pic's? You must post some of those!

Sharon said...

WOW What a fun time you guys had!!!

How wonderful that you rescued that Mama cat and her babies.

Lovely flower pics.
hugs
Sharon

Linda O'Neill said...

What a great trip...I love the Filoli Gardens. I'm jealous that you got to go to Flax!!;)

Unknown said...

oh what fun Diane!!! I love garden shops...I could walk around and enjoy the scenery each and every day!!!

lovely photos!!!

hugs
Diana

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Diane!!
Why does it seem like you were gone
FOREVER! We missed you, but sooo glad you and hubby had a funsy time. You shopped tell you dropped!
Sounded like a swell time and you got to relax and see pretty sites- like Oregon rain!
Yeaaa you rescued hungry mama and baby kitties
welcome home
tweedles

Elaine Elwick Barr said...

Did you just die in the Flax paper room? I could Live there!! I had to do a demo there last year, sitting right between the bathroom and the paper room..arghhh..the torture!!

So glad you had a mah-velous time!!