Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wooden Dolls

Since I have no new art to post I am posting some dolls that my husband, Vic & I made a while back. The doll with the extraordinary headdress was one I did in a class about 1 1/2 years ago. She has 2 sides & I was quite happy with the way she turned out. It was the first art class I had taken & it was a birthday gift from my sister. Well......Vic didn't really like the design of my doll so he found a pattern in Somerset Studios magazine & made his own doll. She turned out so very cute. The actual pattern was for a cardboard doll but he went the extra mile & cut it all out of wood. This girl can DO the splits!!!! Love her!



































8 comments:

GAIL said...

THANK GOD YOU'RE BACK. I WANT TO SEE A DOLL OUT OF THE NEW "ROCK,PAPER,SCISSORS".

Chaska Peacock said...

Your art and your blog are beautiful.
I have just given you an Award. See it posted on
http://www.InnerBalanceIntegration.com

Diane said...

Wow! This is an unexpected surprise! Thank you very much, Chaska.

Anonymous said...

congratulations diane, to receive an award on your blog, you must be so excited....i love your new picture of buster, he looks like a king.... now if we can get gail to do a blog, and me to post on mine things would be good....

Anonymous said...

congratulations diane, to receive an award on your blog, you must be so excited....i love your new picture of buster, he looks like a king.... now if we can get gail to do a blog, and me to post on mine things would be good....

Anonymous said...

i went on chaska peacocks blog and decided i would never take that hike to peru..... i guess, the chest pains, would be me....i am so out of shape...

Heather Robinson said...

I sent a girlfriend over to your blog last night to see these dolls and she went crazy! She called me all excited to say that she loved them and that she enjoyed seeing the photos of your bengal cat as she has one too! I would so love to learn to use my birds in artwork as you have done. I just keep visiting to have a look at your piece!

Marilyn said...

I'm amazed at these. And your husband got involved too? How wonderful is that?