Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Paintovers





Good morning everyone. I hope you're all having a good week so far & keeping cool. I guess the kids are all back in school now so that gives you moms a break!
I have 4 painovers this morning. I did run into a problem but I am hoping to overcome that on my next batch. The top shows all of trhem together which is the best shot because it's not too close...not close enough to see all the flaws!
When I went to attach the pic to the canvas I got some white spots on the photo from the canvas. I was using a matte photo paper which I will NOT continue to use. I will either go with cheap copy paper or a laser print from here on. The only pic that didn't come out with the spots was the 1st individual one of my sister Gail & my niece Alexis. Alex is now 27. I used cheap copy paper on that one.  The next photo is my mom, the next is my mom & grandmother & the last is my baby, Tim. Tim is now 45! He hates the fact that I put red socks on him in the pic. He wanted me to paint a flesh tone over those. If you look close you will see the little flaws.....I guess it's just practice practice! I have to thank Lisa Bebi once again as I immediately emailed her with my problem & she was right back to me with suggestions to correct it. Thanks so much, Lisa!

4 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Diane
We do not see flaws. We see art, and challenges,, and fun!
The paintovers are beautiful...
everyone of them.
love
tweedles

marianne said...

these are great fun! you could try using a spray fixative on the photo paper too, if you have some images left that you want to use, but lasr prints or copies do work best for collage & mixed media like this. have fun!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diane!
oh they are simply fabulous!

i love them!

we agree with tweedles!

we only see art and joy!

they are beautiful!

*jean* said...

how awesome that you still get her help!! i would love to take her paintover class...your paintings look great to me!