Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Bees Wax

I am loving bees wax! The first picture is one that was done by my sister, Gail. It is our Grandmother in a Thousand Oaks Ca. bowling alley with a tiger. Jungleland was a wild animal park here in Thousand Oaks. This was back in the mid to late 50's & our family actually got to know some of the animal trainers. This tiger was trained by a man named Mel Koontz. I think Gail did a fabulous job on this! It is 5x7 inches in size. This next canvas was a "mistake" that I did about 2 years ago. It did not turn out so I tried lifting off some of the paper to save the canvas. I decided to finally just toss it but my son talked me into saving it & trying to make something else out of it. Gail & I started playing around with it a bit & this is what we ended up with. My little Dexter that I photographed 6 or 8 months ago inside of a paper bag. Most of the canvas was done using the bees wax but not all of it. It is 11x14 in size. Dexter looks like he's jumping right through the canvas.
Happy Saturday & wishing all my dear blogging friend a very Happy Easter!



9 comments:

Janny said...

Great indeed to work with Beeswax, they are beautiful. Happy Easter;o)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! wow...you are on a roll with these Diane...I love it....wonderful work....

Happy Easter!!!

hugs
Diana

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Diane
Mommie and I tired to do something like you do, but we were very UNSUCESSFUL.
But you make everything so beautiful and fun and easy, guess we don't know what were doing!
Little Dexter looked so cute.
love
tweedles

stregata said...

Very lovely! Dexter looks like a real sweetheart. Have a very Happy Easter!
Renate

Sharon said...

Lovely, the bees wax adds adds a very ethereal effect.

Definitely on my "must try"!
Dexter looks like a tiger in the circus jumping out of a ring.
:)

Gaby Bee said...

Fabulous artwork!I love your creativity.
Happy Easter to you and yours. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo

Unknown said...

Hi Diane....you are so inspiring and I am so thrilled to have met you....please pop by...I have an award for you!!!

Hugs
Diana

minnie said...

so cute, he indeed looks like he's jumping out of the canvas....great!

Marilyn said...

The cat in the paper bag looks like it's exiting a jungle of flowers! So wonderful.