Thursday, April 9, 2009

Experimenting With Bees Wax

I love the look of wax. I have wanted to do something with wax for a while but always thought it would be extremely messy & complicated. Boy was I wrong! I watched a Suze Weinberg Youtube video yesterday & that was all she wrote. I did my first piece which is actually a little book box. I decorated the top using paper & napkins. I dipped each piece in the melted wax & arranged it on my cover. I ran a credit card over the top to even it out a bit & then added some rub ons. I was quite happy with the results. Sister Gail is coming up today & we will play with it some more.
ALSO>>>>>I wanted to tell you about the new "email me" button on my blog. Susie Jefferson at http://1stfloorflat.blogspot.com/ came up with this little jewel. I thought it was a great idea to add it. So often people want to send a note but can't locate a separate email address. THANK YOU, SUSIE! Stop by & check out Susie's blog. You won't be disappointed. Happy Thursday!!









7 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diane!
oh my gosh! it is wonderful! i love the new wonderful things you are always creating.

your blog looks fabulous and i love your new email me button!

how wonderful!

xoxoxo
melissa

Marilyn said...

Very nice, Diane. Great idea for the little box.

Viola said...

Really wonderful work, Diane!!

Brenda said...

You did a wonderful job! YEAH! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Diane....

wow wow and wow....I have never used bees wax..but you may have inspired all of us to try something new....you are so amazing.....

great work and I wish you and your family a Blessed Easter....

Hugs
Diana

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Diane
What a beautiful box! We want to come to summer camp and you be the teacher! Moms got a flower pot made of beeswax at Christmas time. Smells good. Does yours smell good too? You always have such wonderful surprises. One of these days you will be surprised when you least expect it.
love
tweedles

Susie Jefferson said...

Wow, thanks so much for the mention and the vote of confidence! Any time you want a button for your blog, feel free...

Love the waxworks - lovely job, great colours!