Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My stove is moving to Alaska!



Good morning everyone. I got up this morning feeling a twinge of sadness. I sold my Wolf stove on Ebay for local pick-up only & it was purchased by a gentleman in Alaska. He is very excited to get the stove & has hired a shipping company to pick it up today. Apparently he has a bed & breakfast there. It's so weird to get rid of things that have been a part of your life for so long. Probably sounds silly for a stove but that stove has been in my kitchen for the past 20-25 years. On the flip side, I am so happy to be getting a nice little 4 burner with one little oven that will be easy to keep clean. Tomorrow...the new cabinets arrive. I am very excited about that.
Have a wonderful week everyone!

6 comments:

gaby braun said...

Hi Diane!
I know what you feel. It's hard to
change our life and to get rid of things we love. That's life! Changes are movement in our life and new doors will be open to you!

Orion Designs said...

I wish it was coming to my home in Alaska -- that looks like a great stove!

Seriously, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with a smaller, more efficient stove.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diane!
oh how exciting! your new kitchen is going to be wonderful! i cannot wait to see pictures.

it is so neat that your stove is going to AK! It is going to be well-loved and have another wonderful story to tell!

xoxoxo
melissa

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Diane
Can you imagine what that stove is thinking and how EXCITED it must be?
It will be helping to make so many people happy! And all the NEW and EXCITING foods it will cook.
If only it could talk.
I bet it is excited. And of course it can always write "home".
The cabinets coming tomorrow! Oh boy you will be soooo excited you won't be able to sleep!
love to you
tweedles

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! that is one cool stove....you must have cooked some amazing feasts in your kitchen!!!!

I can't wait to see more of your new decorating!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Ziggy Stardust said...

Hi I am visiting from Tweedles blog. What a nice blog you have. Good luck with the stove and thanks for playing Warren Zevon, I love him.

Anne and Sasha