Saturday, November 29, 2008

Golden Digital Grounds

I'm feeling a little lost on my art work. I am not sure where to go next! I want to do something different. I have so many resources for projects it's almost ridiculous. I am seriously looking toward some paper collaging. I saw this article in the recent Cloth Paper Scissors called "All torn up" by Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson. She calls it a "rippin' approach to collage." Her work is really quite wonderful. Her blog is: http://elizabethsthilairenelson.blogspot.com/ & her website is:
http://www.nelsoncreative.com/gallery/. Check them out.
What I've posted today is more experiments with Golden Digital Grounds. The 1st photo is my great grandmother on the right & my mother & great grandmother on the left. The photos are around 1944. Note the lovely texture in this paper. It feels almost like leather. The next two pics are my boy again...printed on a decorative paper that's almost like vellum. You can see the design coming through the paper. I don't think you can go wrong with a subject as beautiful as this boy.







12 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like you have the winter blues...I know this will pass, you will move on to something awesome!
Good luck! I will be waiting!

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Diane, hey THANKS!!! for the link and the kind words about my collage work. I am glad I found this today, going out of town for a few days tomorrow and wanted to thank you before I head out, so nice of you to put my links in your blog. I posted a new cupcake this morning, and when I get back I am going to be doing something totally different in terms of subject matter, stay tuned!

Orion Designs said...

I was intrigued by that very same article in Cloth Paper Scissors. Elizabeth's work is wonderful!
Vicki

Fifi Flowers said...

COOL cats!

marianne said...

what sort of paper did you use for the first? the digital grounds are fun- need to play with more bases.... dexter looks great too- especially like the first one, and his grea green eyes! and thanks for the collage link/ ideas-

Unknown said...

Hi Diane...I know whatever you try will turn out amazing!!! you are a wonderful and creative artist and I am always thrilled to pop by and see your magic....

Thanks for the links ....I will have to head there right now to check things out!!!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends....

Hugs
Diana

GAIL said...

Your boy is a beautiful subject!

Diane said...

I am not sure what type of paper the b&w print was done on. There was not one identifying mark on the paper & of course, I can't remember where I bought it! Sorry!

Jen xo said...

Hi Diane, i felt like you 12 months ago, no muse! but then i discovered the mixed media world, thanks to a purchase of cps and bam! now i am swapping, blogging, chatting to nice people all over the world and best of all, creating.
I think we get a bit bored and just need to change things a up a bit.
Anyhow i hope it passses and i love seeing the things you do jenxo

Jen xo said...

Meant to say i love Elizabeth's work too, its so vibrant and lifelike jenxo

nancy said...

I can surely identify with your desire to try something new. I was in a terrible rut for a while, but was nudged out of it, partly by Linda and Rosie, partly by Christmas, and partly by really looking at what others are doing. My work is pretty inconsistent as yet - sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't.
It WILL pass!
Nancy

gaby braun said...

Great work! Yous and those from Elisabeth. I'm thinking about to do something like this. I'm a little lost in my art now, the only thing I know is that I love paper and glue.